Yes, My Blog Does Have a Personality

I have only recently started blogging and there are times when I question my sanity and wonder who would want to read my blog posts. Well, the logical side of me installed Google Analytics code on my site to watch the traffic and see if anyone was reading my posts. I have to say that validation is slowly in coming as I check the reports and see the number of readers climbing. In fact, after last weekend's post about "Sunken Treasure" and my forgotten memories, I noticed some traffic from LA and West Hollywood. (Thanks @Wilw). I see the numbers grow after I post my weekly blog update. But I still have lingering thoughts about my writing style and if it is too technical or boring. I also can't tell if people are reading the first sentence and then madly running away to wash their eyes at an emergency eye wash station.

Anyway, as I was reading though some tweets from favorite that I follow, I came across this great tweet:

@bladenews Found something fun. What is your blogs' personality type? Ours was ENTJ. http://www.typealyzer.com/

I just had to check it out and was I amazed at my blog's personality.


This is from the typealyzer.com website

ESTP - The Doers

The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities.

The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.








Analysis

This show what parts of the brain that were dominant during writing.


The site also lists books and artists that I might find interesting. I know, you are all saying I don't read anything but technical manuals. That maybe true but I am currently in the middle of Wil Wheaton's "Sunken Treasure". After that, it is on with the list and recommendations that I am getting from the Twitterverse and maybe the books recommended by typealyzer. My goal is to have at least a 3:1 ratio of technical vs fiction/nonfiction books to read.

This revelation came as a surprise to me. It was eerily accurate. I guess my blog has a personality that closely matches me (the writer/author). So now that I have traffic and a blog with personality, I need to work on moving brain activity from the left side to the right side or at least to the middle of my brain.

What is your blog's personality type?

3 comments

Stephanie Pounds said...

It nailed you..."engaging in physical out-door activities"...like digging really big holes in your backyard.

Julianne said...

Hi Karl! I came to see if you really have ADD! LOL! It doesn't look like it. Oh and I think you have a great style and format here. Keep up the great work. :-)

Anonymous said...

My blog is an INTP while I'm an INTJ. I find it interesting that I'm apparently less "judging" on my blog than I tend to be out in the real world.